As a result of the enactment of SB 1021, chaptered June 27, 2012, the Los Angeles Superior Court Fee Schedule has been changed to reflect various civil filing fees that have been created or increased. The new LASC fee schedule can be found by clicking on Fees at the bottom of this page.
- $50 fee for delivering a safe keeping will to the Clerk of the Superior Court under Probate Code section 8200.
- $30 fee for court reporting services in civil proceedings lasting less than one hour in duration.
- $40 increase to the $395 first-paper filing fee for unlimited civil cases where the amount in controversy is more than $25,000.
- $40 increase to various probate and family law fees.
- $20 increase to various motion fees.
- $450 increase to the complex case fee.
Code of Civil Procedure section 631 has been amended to change fees in regard to the deposit of advance jury fees.
- The advance jury fee is fixed at $150 for each party.
- The fees must be deposited earlier than previously required. The fee is due on or before the date scheduled for the initial case management conference in the action; if no case management conference is scheduled, no later than 365 calendar days after the filing of the initial complaint; if the party has not appeared before the initial case management conference or has appeared more than 365 calendar days after the filing of the initial complaint, at least 25 calendar days before the date initially set for trial; or if the action is for unlawful detainer action, at least five days before the date set for trial.
- The advance jury fee, deposited after June 27, 2012, is non-refundable pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure section 631.3.
The advance jury fee is no longer credited to the actual jury fees accrued by each party on the second day of trial. All advance jury fees deposited with LASC prior to June 27, 2012, may be refunded upon request of the party as provided under Code of Civil Procedure section 631.3. The complete LASC fee schedule can be found at Statewide Civil Fee Schedule.