NOTICE OF COUNTER FILING CHANGES
Effective June 21, 2010, the Ventura Superior Court of California, County of Ventura, will implement a change
to the documents permitted to be filed at the front office filing counters.
The following documents will be required to be dropped off for back office processing: CIVIL (All documents relating to Unlawful Detainer cases are excluded from this change.)
1. Case initiating papers including Complaints, Petitions and Applications
2. Applications for and Renewals of Judgment
3. Clerk and court default judgment packets, except Requests for Entry of Default
Note: The documents listed above can be dropped at the civil filing counters in Ventura and East
County, or at Window 14 in Ventura.
1. Case initiating papers, except Restraining Orders
2. Any document without a future hearing date scheduled
Dropped documents must include:
1. A stamped, self-addressed envelope OR
2. Attorney service drop box number
Documents dropped without one of the above will be placed in the public pick-up bin and, if not picked up
within thirty days, will be discarded.
Dropped documents will be received stamped, and will be processed as of the date they are dropped, unless
Michael D. Planet
Court Executive Officer