Recent and upcoming changes in courtroom assignments and courtroom designations in the civil departments at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse, 111 N. Hill St., Los Angeles 90012 are as follows:
- Judge Michael C. Solner in Department 13, Room 312, and Judge Rex Heeseman in Department 19 (Room 311) now preside over settlement courtrooms. Effective 7/1/12, Department 29 (Room 319), with Judge Louis M. Meisinger presiding, also becomes a settlement courtroom.
- Department 82, Room 833, becomes a third Writs and Receivers Courtroom (in addition to departments 85 and 86) with Judge Luis Lavin presiding. The courtrooms now handle the following matters that formerly were assigned to Department 12: applications for writs of attachment and writs of possession; applications for the appointment of a receiver pursuant to a provision for the assignment of rents and profits contained in a deed of trust which predominantly involve the collection of rent.
- Department 12, Room 636, with Judge Barbara Meiers presiding, is now a general jurisdiction, independent calendar courtroom.
- Initial applications for civil harassment Temporary Restraining Orders are filed on the 2nd floor, Room 245. Hearings on civil harassment petitions will be noticed in Department 75, Room 736, Judge Carol Boas Goodson presiding.
- Effective July 1, 2012: Department 1A, Room 548, will be renamed Department 90A and will be open Thursdays and Fridays only. The former office of Department 1A in Room 542 will be the office of Department 90A. The small claims courtroom, Department 90, Room 541, will be open Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays only.
- Class action cases will continue to be filed at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse and are now being assigned to the Complex Civil Litigation Program at the Central Civil West Courthouse.
- Former civil courtroom Department 4, Room 217, is now a family law courtroom. Department 59, Room 630 and Department 81, Room 635, are unassigned civil courtrooms. Department 97’s designation is not currently in use.
Should you have any questions regarding these changes, please call Central Civil Administration at 213-974-5248.